will be considered in January 2020
The Cloisters, Ewelme
The Cloisters are the original thirteen Almshouses, and were completed in 1455. Built around a quiet central quadrangle, and immediately adjacent to the Church, they were modified internally in the 1970s into eight self contained flats.
Each Almshouse has a sitting room, a bedroom, a fully fitted kitchen, and a bathroom/wc. Some are located at first floor level, and therefore have stairs.
Modern laundry facilities are provided for communal use, and there is a guest room for the use of visitors to residents of both Ewelme Almshouses. External parking space is available.
Suffolk House, Ewelme
Suffolk House is located on the High Street in Ewelme, and provides five modern homes surrounded by garden on two sides.
Built in 1978, four of the five flats are on ground level and one is split level, therefore having stairs. All provide a level of internal accommodation similar to The Cloisters.
There is also a well equipped laundry room and external parking.
Suffolk Court, Marsh Gibbon
Suffolk Court was completed in the 1980s, in recognition of the fact that much of the Trust’s income comes from Marsh Gibbon.
It provides ten modern homes, each of which has a sitting room, bedroom, fully fitted kitchen, bathroom/WC and a small garden. There is easy access to the village facilities.
Further details of the Almshouses, and information helpful to those who may be interested in applying to be a resident, are contained in a separate Information sheet which is available to download here.